Oak Grove is a portion of what was once Oak Grove Plantation established in 1757. In the 1830's, the plantation was purchased by John Robinson, who built several houses in downtown Charleston, the most well known being the Aiken - Rhett House. The property stayed in the Robinson family until 1945 when it was purchased by the father of the current owner. This is a special place that has been cared for meticulously. It has a great interior road system that allows access to all parts of the tract. The ditch system and pipe crossings are all clean and in good working order. There is a very nice ranch style brick house with a total of 1,400 sq. ft. heated space, or 1,950 sq. ft. counting the car port. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and was built in 1978. The property's focal point is the beautiful 5-acre fish pond that sits in front of the house. There is another 4-acre pond that currently is not flooded but could be with very little effort. The dam and water control structure are already in place. The property has a total of 7 structures not counting the house; 4 are storage sheds and 3 are open pole barns. The front entrance has a nice brick gate that can be closed for privacy.
The tract has ±109 acres of open agricultural land that is currently rented to farm, ±41 acres of 4-year-old planted loblolly pine, and ±12 acres of one-year-old planted loblolly. There is a railroad line that crosses the front of the tract running parallel to Hwy. 21. The balance of the acres make up a hardwood bottom and the area around the house.
This place is loaded with deer and turkeys and does have deer stands in place. Each morning you will find fresh deer tracks within feet of the house. The back of the property drops off into the North Edisto River swamp supplying a constant flow of wildlife.
The tract is perfect for a small farm, place to get away, or a full-time residence. It has fishing, deer and turkey hunting, and sunflowers could be planted for dove shoots that would be legendary.
Call to schedule a showing.
Oak Grove is on Hwy. 2 about 1.5 miles north of the town of Rowesville, SC, and about 7 miles south of downtown Orangeburg.