ADVANCE NOTICE OF ALABAMA TIMBERLAND FOR SALE
THE OFFERING American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) has been retained by the South Alabama Land and Timber Company (SALTCO) to solicit sealed bids for approximately 40,546± acres of land and timber known as the SALTCO Timberlands. The timberlands are located in Choctaw (29,996± acres), Washington (10,404± acres) Counties, Alabama and Clarke (146± acres) County, Mississippi. The property is being offered for sale as one package in its entirety through a lump sum single-stage bid sale event. Offers will not be considered for individual tracts.
The timberlands are located in southwest Alabama which is an attractive area to own and manage timberland due to the region’s productive soils and well-developed timber markets. Although the pine sawtimber markets have historically defined the region, the pulp markets are equally as impressive, allowing for the production and marketing of a wide variety of forest products.
COVER TYPES Eighty percent (80%) of the acreage is currently classified as suitable for pine plantation management, while the balance of the acreage is in hardwood bottomlands and non-forested area
- 31,074± acres of pine plantations
- 868± acres of recent pine cutover
- 641± acres of natural pine/hardwood
- 7,185± acres of hardwood
- 778± acres of non-forest land
DATA ROOM and TIMELINE
AFM has set up an electronic data room containing information for prospective purchasers to use as they evaluate the offering. All prospective purchasers who execute a Confidentiality Agreement (CA) are invited to participate in the process and will be granted access to the data room.
- January 23, 2019 - Data Room opens.
- January 24 - March 26, 2019 - Buyers may inspect the property or request property tours.
- March 27, 2019 - Bids and marked up copy of Seller's Purchase and Sale Agreement are due.
- May 8, 2019 - Closing is scheduled for this day or can be sooner upon request of the successful bidder.
No brokerage commission, finder’s fee or referral arrangements will be paid to any outside broker by the seller, AFM as a result of this transaction.